Sometimes, you may need to re-open an activity which was marked as completed\closed. Some of you might think this as an easy OTB functionality but in actual it’s not. Completed and closed activities cannot be re-open.
Not possible via User Interface and not even with out of the box ribbon.
But, there’s another way!! “On-Demand” PROCESSES formerly WORKFLOWS.
An example of re-opening an completed TASK, below are the steps,
- Go to Processes
- Under Processes, create an new Workflow on the task entity.
- Select “On-Demand” under Available to Run.
- Click Add-Step and select Change Status.
- Select Task as entity and set that to open and the below options as desired.
- Save and “Activate” the workflow.
Now, select the desired task from the list of activities and select “Run workflow” – Pick the relevant one and click OK, we are done.